I’m aboard the Christmas Train and it’s whistling its way through to the North Pole. Its 5 weeks to Christmas and I’m excited as a grasshopper.
This year we are holding a small party at our teeny apartment by the creek and I thought a customized menu board would be great.
Turned a discarded piece of wood into a menu board and i’m really liking it.
A little on How:
1. painted a piece of wood with 2 coats of white paint and sanded it to get that country look
2. Once completely dry, did a little letter transferring with Bright Instant Graphic Aid (Ready to transfer letters on any dust free medium)
3. After the transferring was done, I painted a rectangle, keeping margins, with chalkboard paint on the board
4. Hung some vintage Christmas lights on it.
5. I wish I could write how complicated it was but it isn’t. 4 steps to a fabulous Christmas menu Board it is!
173 words, this must be my one and only post with such a gigantic word count!
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia – Tuesday’s Treasures
Coastal Charm – Nifty Thrifty
Vintage Wanna Bee – Talent Tuesday
8 thoughts on “Handmade Wooden Christmas Menu Board And Vintage Light Bulbs”
this is super cool ! love it.
clever and so fashionable with the pastels! likey likey.
smiles and holiday cheer to you.
Love the pastel vintage lights.
Holiday cheer to you too! Hope your mum’s feeling well?
Great idea Rukmini. You’ve really inspired me with your chalk boards.
thank you tammy 🙂
This looks great, what a fun idea to have a menu board for a party! I only have a chalkboard-type thingy stuck to my fridge. Not as fun as an actual board with a country look.